Valid from April 29, 2019
- You must be 18 years or older to be registered in the Registration System for Economic Experiments.
- By enrolling into the system, you do not commit in advance to participate in any experiment. Registration serves to show interest in participating in an economic experiment; you will receive occasional emails with invitations to participate in laboratory sessions, or with invitations to participate in online experiments.
- You can have only one user account in the database. If you are intentionally using multiple accounts, you will be excluded from the system and from future participation in the experiments.
- If you do not wish to receive further invitations and to be excluded from the system, please send an email to email@example.com.
General Terms and Conditions For Participation In Experimental Sessions at the Masaryk University Experimental Economics Laboratory
- The subject of the General Terms and Conditions For Participation In Experimental Sessions at the Masaryk University Experimental Economics Laboratory is the definition of the relationship between the Masaryk University Experimental Economics Laboratory (hereinafter MUEEL) and a participant in experimental research (hereinafter participant).
- MUEEL experimental research is organized through the registration system for economic experiments operated at the internet address hroot.econ.muni.cz (hereinafter HROOT).
- The participant expresses his/her interest in participating in experimental research by voluntary registration in HROOT.
- By registering for an experimental session through HROOT, the participant agrees to these General Terms and Conditions.
- Participation in experimental research and in particular experimental sessions is voluntary.
- In accordance with the set rules for such research, the participant has the right to withdraw from participating in an experimental session at any time without providing any reason and without incurring any sanctions.
- In the event that a participant participates in the entire experimental session and follows the instructions of the experimenters, MUEEL undertakes to pay the participant a fee for participation. The amount of the reward is usually in the range of CZK 100 to CZK 1,000, depending on the participant's result in the experimental session, but may vary according to the parameters of the specific research study.
- The reward for participation is in cash (paid privately) or by bank transfer to the participant's bank account at a banking institute in the Czech Republic. In the case of payment by bank transfer to the participant’s bank account, MUEEL undertakes to process and send the payment within two working days after the participant's participation in the experimental session.
- The participant is not paid a deposit.
- Experimental sessions take place mainly in MUEEL laboratories at the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU (ESF MU), or online. In accordance with research activities and scientific cooperation of MUEEL with other institutes at MU, you can also be invited to experimental sessions that take place outside of the ESF MU building.
- At all experimental sessions for which the participant both signed up and is among those participants who were selected to participate, the participant is required to arrive at the location (or in the virtual room) no later than 15 minutes before the announced start and bring a photo ID (ISIC, ID card, passport, or other photo ID). If the participant is registered for the experiment but is on the waiting list, the participant should wait for an email about an opening for additional registration for that session, otherwise s/he should not go to the session.
- Participation in the experimental session is allowed only for people who register for the session and are among the selected participants. The researcher of the laboratory can also open a waiting list for a given session. Registering for a waiting list does not entitle the participant to attend the session, but serves to inform the participant in case of free capacity in that session.
- Within 12 hours before the start of the session, the participant may unregister from the experimental session himself/ herself via the system. After logging into the system and clicking on the session from which s/he wishes to unregister, s/he will see the button "Unregister for this session". There is no need to apologize by email. Apologies or requests to unregister from a session later than 12 hours before the start of the session will not be considered.
- If a participant does not attend two sessions for which s/he was registered and selected to participate, s/he will be notified by email. If the participant does not show up 3 or more times, s/he will be excluded from further invitations.
- If more participants than are required for the experiment arrive on a given date, the experimenter will decide which participants will attend the session (through random selection). The participants who registered, showed up but could not attend due to capacity constraints, will be paid a show-up fee of CZK 100 for a experiments taking place at ESF MU (CZK 50 for in case the experiment is conducted online) and will not participate in the experiment. Entitlement to the show-up fee expires upon the start of the experiment.
- If the participant arrives late for a laboratory session (at ESF MU) and the session is already in progress, the participant should not not try to enter the laboratory or knock on the door. Doing so can disrupt the experiment.
- Once the participant enters the lab or begins an online experiment, s/he should always fully respect the instructions of the experimenter and support staff. If the participant fails to follow the instructions, we may ask him/her to leave the laboratory and s/he may be excluded from participating in future experiments.
- When registering for the Registration System for Economic Experiments, we ask you to provide demographic and other information. This information will be used solely for research purposes within research projects or MUEEL scientific cooperation and will not be provided to any other organization and person. In particular, the information provided will be used to select appropriate participants in the experiments, to inform participants about upcoming experiments and to monitor participation in experimental sessions.
- Please enter your data into the database accurately and truthfully. Participants with inaccurate or false information may be excluded from the system. MUEEL and Masaryk University are committed to high standards of confidentiality and privacy.
- For research reasons, it is possible that in some cases demographic data from the subscriber database will be linked to experiment results. If this happens, your anonymity will be maintained, and you will be notified of such change by email.
- Access to personal data in the system is restricted to a limited range of MUEEL staff who have been acquainted with the Masaryk University Directive No. 1/2018 on Personal Data Protection and Processing.
- The registration system for economic experiments is operated on a secure server of Masaryk University.
- Experiments and decisions made by them are software-recorded on a different platform, or research is conducted using non-electronic methods. During the experiments, decision making is anonymous unless otherwise stated in the session.
- Some of the personal information is optional. You do not have to provide them, but note that some studies may require demographic variability, so you may not be invited to an experimental session if you do not provide this information.